Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow?

So I wake up knowing I have another hard LONG run ahead of me this morning, and to my shock there was a bunch of snow on the ground, and it looked like it had NO intention of slowing down! I knew it was going to be a wet, cold, nasty slog through the slush and snow out there. Lucky for me it slowed down, but I felt like I was running in a giant snow-cone as it warmed up just enough to make my feet miserable. I'm sure there was something extra to be gained from the run, it was a doozy. 23km fartlek in 1hr40mins, definitely not easy. At least I know that all this base building will make a HUGE difference next summer, as it gives me some killer base fitness. Way more than I've ever done at this time of year before. But I guess that's what you get when you sign up with a coach as a pro athlete:(

My bad.

So some more exciting news! My first holidays from work are coming up, from January 3rd to the 14th, and Bjoern informs me there is going to be some MAJOR work going on, with a big training block that looks like a run focus.

Even more exciting though, I've picked my holidays for 2011 at work, and I managed to get some AWESOME slots!! A few weeks line up perfectly with a few major races, like the San Fransisco ITU Continental Cup in July, 5150 Las Vegas and 5150 Clearwater. I tell you, sitting in that room waiting to make my holiday picks was so exciting! Watching the picks move down the seniority list, waiting for turn to pick a slot, trying to guess who was going to pick which slot, it got pretty intense. In the end I got what I wanted, so a win for me.

Hopefully there'll be a few more wins this year.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas with their family and friends, and to everyone, have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! BE SAFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment