Monday, February 25, 2013

The New Abu Dhabi Doo!


One of the things I like to do in the week before a race, is cut my (generally) shaggy mane down. I've been a little lackadaisical as of late regarding my hair, I think I've worn out the phrase "I'll be cutting it this weekend."
You know it's time: you lose combs to it!

Well, Jenn and I set out to give me a fast-as-hell doo for the upcoming Abu Dhabi Triathlon this saturday (March 2nd,) and I think we created something that fits the bill! I was a little apprehensive at first, as the last time Jenn cut someone's hair (which also happened to be her first time,) there was a little bloodshed. Suffice to say, I left it to faith that I'd survive (couldn't possibly end up with anything worse than a flesh-wound, right?)
"Ready or not, here I come!"

Jenn came at me with a sense of purpose, and the process began.
The 'fro must go

After a bit of trial, error, some guessing, a few "OOPS!" and me attempting some double mirror free-hand work on my own hair, we popped out the other end, unscathed (for the most part!)
Some free-hand mirror work

It was an experience, but it's the most bad-ass haircut I've acquired to date. It's definitely the fastest cut I've ever received.
Done deal. Fast haircut!

Now it's time to pack and kick the legs up for Abu Dhabi. At least if I don't go fast, I can't blame the haircut.

Happy Training Everyone!!!!

Nathan

5 comments:

  1. Hope they dont give you any trouble at customs with that bad ass doo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they actually did Dave, I got the ol' frisk-down and the run-around! Guess I shoulda kept my hat on eh?

      Delete
  2. Hey! Good luck in Abu Dhabi - can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hooch!! I'll be doing a nice big race report for sure (with 26+hrs of travel home, LOTS of time to write an entertaining race report.)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the marvelous posting ! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job and this information will help to all.Thank you for the needed information.

    property shop investment

    ReplyDelete