Tuesday, February 4, 2014

NEW BIKE DAY!!!!

As I sit here, grazing away on my PB celery stick and bowl of trail mix, I eagerly await my ride tomorrow morning. Not because it's going to be -6 out, although that IS quite appealing (not); my excitement is because I get my maiden voyage on my brand spankin new race whip! That's right:







NEW BIKE DAY!!!








The incredible mechanics at Speed Theory Vancouver stayed up late last night to get it all built up, and they did a phenomenal job too! I'm blessed to have a great shop to work with, these guys help me out huge all the time, and seem to be able to fix everything (except a failing relationship due to spending too much time out training than with your partner. Apparently you're on your own with that.)

Along with exciting New Bike Day, I'm ecstatic to announce my new bike sponsor for the next few seasons! I've decided to partner up with the awesome team at Quintana Roo and Litespeed; the weapon of choice for 2014 will be the Quintana Roo CD0.1, built up with Shimano Ultegra components, Rotor Cranks, Power2Max power meter, PRO Missile bars, a Cobb saddle, and the lightning-fast Gray 9.5 carbon tubulars. It's a rig I'm excited to train and race on for 2014, and a partnership that I'm pumped to have moving forward in my career as a professional athlete. 

Some Simple Math:


+


=


Always remember: keep your mechanics happy!


They worked late to finish it, homeward bound!

A bike fit with Coach Björn Ossenbrink tomorrow will be JUST in the nick of time, as I fly out to Tucson on monday for a 3 week training camp with my good buddies Jesse and Amy, where I'm sure there will be many miles shared, and even more monster cookies abolished to depths of my bottomless appetite. 

Remember Jesse and Amy?




....How about these cookies?!?!?


said, the race rig from last year needs to find a new, loving home. You can find the ad HERE. It served me well, I hope to find it a great new home to get ridden fast!

My trusty roadie is also looking for a new home, a complete bike that will guarantee some fun on the flats and especially on the hills. That ad can be found HERE.

Even more exciting news: I've been informed that the awesome folks at Speed Theory Vancouver can order ANY of the Quintana Roo bikes in to their shop, so if you want to rip it on a QR too, they're the ones to see!

The rest of my awesome support network will be announced very shortly, as I finalize everything and sign in blood on the dotted line (well, not really, but that sounds way more official than digital signatures.)

Happy training everyone, stay safe and work hard!

Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment